Avoid the risk

Landlord Insurance

Landlords insurance for buildings and contents may include as standard:


  • loss or damage arising as a result of fire, storm, flood, falling trees, theft, malicious acts or vandalism


  • your loss of rent or for providing alternative accommodation for the tenant following damage caused by an insured event.


  • legal liability as owner of the buildings for causing injury to others or for damage to their property


  • home emergency cover – for call-outs or repairs if you have an emergency.


Contents only cover is only available in circumstances where the buildings are tied to another insurer, such as in the case of a leasehold flat.


Landlords Insurance additional cover options

You can tailor your policy with the following optional cover:


  • buildings accidental damage and malicious damage by tenants to cover you for incidents such as banging a nail through a pipe or putting a foot through the ceiling whilst in the loft and malicious damage by your tenants.


  • contents accidental damage and malicious damage by tenants so you don’t have to worry about things such as spills on carpets and malicious damage by your tenants.


  • legal expenses, rent guarantee and eviction of squatters cover insures you for irrecoverable costs and fees to pursue or defend claims involving a breach of the tenancy agreement and unpaid rent.



Please note that Landlords Insurance is designed to cover certain unforeseen events and doesn't cover everything. It does not cover things like general wear and tear or damage that happens gradually over a period of time. There is also an excess on each claim.




  • Facebook - White Circle
  • Instagram - White Circle

 Heights Mortgages Ltd is an appointed representative of Mortgage Intelligence Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under number 305330 in respect of mortgage, insurance, and consumer credit mediation activities only. Registered address; Unit B, 16 Holder Road, Aldershot, Hampshire, GU12 4RH. Registered in England & Wales under number 11391322.

To view our Privacy Statement, please click here.


We always aim to provide if you live outside the United Kingdom or if you prefer not to deal directly with the Financial Ombudsman Service.) high-quality service to our customers. However, if you encounter any problems and we are unable to resolve them you can take your complaint to an independent Ombudsman. Our advice is covered under the Financial Ombudsman Service (http:/financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm).